I live in the middle of Bishops Lydeard with my wife and three children, all of whom attend the local school. I have run my own business, focussing on energy and environmental management, for 10 years before which I worked for local authorities and industry in the areas of planning, waste and energy.
I am a qualified Town and Country Planner, Chartered Environmentalist and a Member of the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management as well as holding the current positions:-
- Somerset County Councillor for the Lydeard Division, incorporating Bishops Lydeard, Cotford St Luke, Norton Fitzwarren, Lydeard St Lawrence & Tolland, West Bagborough, Triscombe, Ash Priors and Combe Florey;
- Parish Councillor in Bishops Lydeard;
- Chairman of the Neighbourhood Planning Committee;
- Chairman of the Quantock Eco Cycle Path Committee;
- Chairman of On Your Bike, a charity that recycles bikes and provides work to vulnerable individuals;
- Trustee of the charity that runs Bishops Lydeard Village Hall;
- Member of Quantock Eco;
- Member of the Bishops Lydeard School Association;
- Member of the Taunton Chamber of Commerce;
- Member of Friends of Quantock
- Active supporter of local businesses;
- Assistant Beaver Scout Leader at 3rd Taunton, Bishops Lydeard
I also lead the organisation of the hugely popular annual event ‘Bishops Lydeard Party in the Park‘ along with Chris McKie.
In what time I have left after all that, I enjoy walking our Jack Russells in the fabulous local countryside, skittling, cycling, playing football and playing with my chidren.